Manage, Eventfuel's app for on-site staff, helps your team run the fastest possible check-in at the venue.
Well planned logistics however are also an important requirement for success.
Common check-in tasks
- Marking each registered attendee as being checked-in as they arrive.
- Helping any attendee who hasn't got the app yet to download it and join the event.
- Handing out pre-printed badges.
- Adding walk-in attendees and printing them a badge (if applicable).
Check-in desk layout
- Allocate at least one staff member for every 40-50 attendees expected to arrive within one (1) hour. Marking an attendee as being checked-in is a simple as finding the person on the list and swiping. But if you are also handing out badges, keep in mind it does takes time to find the correct badge.
- If you are expecting more than a handful of attendees to arrive without the attendee app installed, consider having a separate desk aimed at helping out these attendees. Logging each attendee into the app is quick, but instructing them to find the app on the AppStore or Google Play — and waiting for the download to complete, takes times. You may also need to help them get on the venue WiFi first.
- If you are expecting more than a handful of walk-ins, consider having a separate desk to handle them, avoiding unnecessary queues on the main check-in desks.
- Avoid placing check-in desks too close to the venue entrance. If a queue does form up, it could mean attendees uncomfortably queuing outside the venue.
- Schedule a call with our Customer Success team to go over your check-in layout; And if you are running a bigger event, consider asking Eventfuel for on-site support.